Sunday, October 10, 2010

Safe Haven

Title:Safe Haven
Author:Nicholas Sparks
Genre:Novel
Pages:340 (Hardback)
Copyright:2010
Main Characters:Katie, Alex, Kevin
Supporting Characters:Josh, Kristen, Jo







Katie is on the run from her past.  When she's lead to the town of Southport, North Carolina, she's afraid to settle down. She's constantly weary of her past(in the form of her husband) catching up with her.  Although she tries her hardest to blend in and keep to herself she can't help but be drawn to shop owner Alex and his children Josh and Kristen.

Alex knows Katie is hiding something, years as an Army detective has taught him the signs, and although he knows Katie is unwilling to share he secrets, Alex informs her he's not going anywhere. When the truth finally comes out and Alex knows Katie isn't her name and she's hiding from a controlling husband, Alex stands by her side.

With a little push from Katie's neighbor, Jo, their relationship blossoms regardless of both of their pasts. Now they have to prove they can make it work forever, and weather any disaster that comes their way.

Although Nicholas Sparks is generally one of my favorite authors, I've found myself having to actually make myself read his past several novels.  After reading "At First Sight" a couple years ago I decided I needed a break. Nick Sparks has said himself that his books aren't actually romances, but tragedies, and I can't remember a single title of his I haven't cried at one point or another. "Safe Haven" is different, considering as soon as I read what the book was about I knew it was going to be different and a definite must read...quickly.  Though many of his books have encompassed the subject of loss, whether it be death, war or distance, "Safe Haven" breeches the subject of abuse as well. Mr. Sparks is an excellent story teller, and he writes characters that you can't help but love...or in this instance hate. He truly makes you feel a part of he story where you don't want to put the book down.

I can honestly say this is probably my favorite Nicholas Sparks book since "A Walk To Remember", and although my copy is tear stained I shut the cover smiling.

Buy This Book--Safe Haven on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment