Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Night She Got Lucky


Title:The Night She Got Lucky

Author:Susan Donovan

Genre:Contemporary Romance

Pages:326

Copyright:2010

Main Characters: Ginger Garrison; Lucio 'Lucky' Montevez

Supporting Characters:Joshua & Jason Garrison; Rick & Josie Rousseau; Bea Latimer; Roxanne Bloom...and a bunch of dogs...yes dogs!

*This is book 2 in the 'Dog Walker Series'



WoooooWeeeeee! Well I've been waiting for this one. I'm a big Susan Donovan fan, having read several of her previous books. "The Night She Got Lucky" is the followup to Donovans "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" where Ms. Donovan introduces us to a group of 4 very different women, who share one thing in common, they love their dogs. The book starts with Genevieve "Ginger" Garrison speaking with a slightly creepy woman named Gloria Needleman at her friend Josie's wedding to Rick Rousseau, in which she's a bridesmaid. Mrs. Needleman (who I always think of as using a sort of Darth Vader voice...hmm) tells Ginger that 'He's' out there, just in time for Ginger to pass out in the arms of sexy Spaniard Lucky Montevez(There's your title!).


OK that's the PG version....now I read alot of romances but I'm not really into the super smutty. I like it fun, with a good story that keeps me drawn in. Now while this book had that, it was also rather...well dirty. Seriously it used 4 and 5 letter words I don't even like saying in my head...and it used them alot. Ginger actually uses the term 'Sexual Panther' to describe Lucio several times, and I couldn't help but laugh. Other then that it's a great read. Full of laughs, questions, great sex, and a ton of Gilligan's Island references. Twin 15 year old boys, who enjoy calling each other awesomely ridiculous names like 'tardvark'. Plus who doesn't love a character that's a photographer who likes telling stories about eating a live octopus in some random country! I'm pretty sure it'll leave you happy...so get to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment